Employment and Opportunities Evening 2022
On Wednesday 16th March 2022 we are pleased to announce that Northampton School for Boys will be hosting an Employment and Opportunities Evening for our students in Years 11, 12 and 13. Parents / carers are very welcome to attend.
The event will take place from 5.30 - 8.00pm in the concourse. Entry will be through the main entrance to the school and parking will be in The Cripps Hall car park.
The aim of the evening is to give students the chance to meet and network with a range of organisations offering a variety of opportunities. For example, apprenticeships, graduate careers, weekend/holiday work, volunteering, work experience and personal development. This event will be run informally in the style of a careers fair.
We encourage our young people to improve their employability skills so that they can gain a competitive edge when applying for work or university. This is a very good opportunity for students to ask questions and make an excellent impression.
Here is the current list of participating organisations.
- Army Careers: A representative from the Army careers office will be available to answer your questions.
- Balfour Beatty: A leading international infrastructure group with a range of apprenticeship programmes.
- Bedford College Group: Find out about the opportunities available at Tresham College, Shuttleworth College and the National College of Motorsport.
- Cardiff and Cardiff Metropolitan University: Meet the student liaison officer for Cardiff and Cardiff Met.
- Civil Service Careers: You could be working as a vet, a customer service adviser, a weapons engineer, a marine biologist, or a web developer, to name a few. Whatever you do, and wherever you work, a job in the Civil Service is an opportunity to make a difference. Find out apprenticeship and graduate programmes available.
- The Construction Industry Training Board: Find out about apprenticeships and training available in the construction industry.
- CWR Consultancy: A recruitment agency in Towcester that can support young people in to temporary roles including gap year jobs. They also provide a range of careers services for all age groups.
- Event People: Providing temporary work at local and national events.
- Invest in Education: Immersive career experiences available virtually and in person.
- JBC: A national training provider that specialises in a wide range of apprenticeships in IT. Our local centre is based in Northampton town centre.
- JPP Civil Engineers: Find out about opportunities with JPP, a leading construction consultancy with a local office in Brixworth.
- Mazars: A global audit and accountancy group offering school leaver and graduate opportunities.
- Mercer and Hole: Chartered accountancy firm in Milton Keynes offering opportunities for school leavers and graduates.
- Moulton College: Our local land based college offer courses in further education and also at university level.
- Royal Navy: Meet the engagement team to find out about the vast range of options in the Navy.
- Screen and Film School Birmingham: Birmingham is emerging as the latest dynamic hotspot in the film and tv industry and is set to expand further with Hollywood productions, BBC, ITV, and Netflix dramas. Find out about the amazing range of courses on offer and industry links at Screen Film School Birmingham.
- Voluntary services at Northampton and Kettering hospitals: Want to get involved? Find out how from our local youth coordinator.
- NCS: The National Citizenship Service are taking bookings for summer 2022 for students in Year 11 and 12.
- Northampton College: Find out about the courses on offer in further and higher education as well as apprenticeships.
- Northamptonshire Police: Representatives will be on hand to answer questions, and talk about the Police degree apprenticeship programme.
- Northants Fire and rescue: Meet the team and find out how to join.
- Northampton University: Now based in the town centre, our local university offers fantastic courses and facilities.
- Prospects Northamptonshire: An agency that supports young people with looking for work. Prospects will be providing a CV checking service. Bring yours along.
- RAF: Meet the engagement team to find out about the vast range of opportunities in the RAF.
- Scania Truck East: Find out about apprenticeship opportunities within the heavy vehicle industry.
- Sign In App: Find out about the careers behind the technology of Sign in App.
- Stantec: Engineering and design from beautiful buildings to high performance, water, energy and infrastructure projects. Meet representatatives from Stantec including a graduate trainee to find out more.
- Shoosmiths Solicitors: A major UK law firm. Meet the professionals, and find out how to increase your chances of getting in to law.
- Starting Off: Based in Northampton town centre, Starting Off are specialists in matching young people to apprenticeship opportunities.
- The London Interdisciplinary School: A new approach to studying at degree level. LIS offers one degree course in problem based learning.
- The University of Hertfordshire: Meet the student liaison officer for the university of Hertfordshire.
- The University of Law: One of the UK's longest established specialist providers of legal education. This university offers a choice of 15 different locations to study in the UK as well as opportunities to study abroad and online.
- UCFB: The University Campus of Football Business, based at Wembley and also Ethihad Stadium provide specialist degree courses in football and the sports industries.
- University of Leicester: Meet the student liaison officer for the University of Leicester.
- Ziggurat XYZ digital programming: Interested in creative digital careers? Meet the professionals at Ziggurat XYZ
5.30 - 6.30pm This event will be open to Year 11 only.
6.30 - 8.00pm For the remainder of the evening the event will be open
to the Sixth Form only.
To help us plan for the evening please book a ticket for each young person
attending - on the eventbrite link below:
We look forward to welcoming you on the 16th of March.