Sixth Form Dress Code
Any breach of the Appearance Policy will result in a withdrawal of unstructured times until corrected or clothing available from the Year Team Leaders to rectify the policy breach.
If any student or parent has any doubt that a change in appearance, for example hairstyle, may not comply with school policy then they must ask the school for guidance before any change is made.
1. Clothing (Mens)
The following indicates the requirements of Sixth Form attire:
|Blazer & Trousers||Tailored blazer and full length trousers|
|Suit||Tailored 2 or 3 piece suit, full length trousers. Trousers that have pronounced external stitching and/or rivets and considered to be jeans and are not allowed|
|Shirt||A collared shirt|
|Shoes||Tan, Brown or black heeled shoe worn with a sock|
|Tie||A tie or bow tie must be worn with the collared shirt|
|Pullover||V neck pullovers only that allow the tie to be seen are acceptable. Round neck and roll neck and therefore unacceptable|
All students are required to remove coats when inside the school buildings.
2. Clothing (Ladies)
|Blazer & Trousers||Tailored blazer and tailored trousers|
|Suit||Tailored 2 or 3 piece suit, and tailored trousers or skirt. Trousers that have pronounced external stitching and/or rivets and considered to be jeans and are not allowed|
|Skirts and Dresses||Tailored Skirts and dresses must be of reasonable length i.e. no longer than mid-calf and not short enough to be judged inappropriate. Just above the knee should be set as a minimum length guide|
|Shirt/Top||A Shirt, Blouse, or top appropriate for office dress which must not be excessively tight or revealing|
|Shoes||Shoes with heels no higher than 4cm, and must be closed toe|
|Tie||A tie or bow tie can be worn with a collared shirt|
- No shorter than No 2. A fade is acceptable if the hair remains to office standard and remains no shorter than a 2 on top. No shapes or lines cut in eg. zig zags, mohican.
- Long hair should be tied back if likely to cause a safety issue in certain lessons.
- The style of the hair should be in keeping with that acceptable in an office environment.
- Hair should be kept clean and tidy.
- Hair should not be dyed using unnatural colours or be styled with extensive flashes of colour.
- Jewellery associated with piercings are only permitted in the ear with one stud in each ear and if they could cause a safety issue e.g. in P.E. they should not be worn
- All other facial piercing related jewellery e.g. nose rings, studs or tongue piercings are not permitted
- Wrist bands and similar attire should not be worn without permission from the School e.g. in the case of a School fund raising event.
- Excessive jewellery should not be worn
- In cold weather a plain scarf, bobble hat or similar in a tasteful design may be worn to and from school but not around the school.
- Plain caps may be worn in hot weather but removed when on the school site. The Headmaster may give permission for them to be worn outside
- Sunglasses may be worn in certain circumstances determined by the Headmaster.
- Headphones/earpieces are permitted during private study when sat working silently
- School trips that take place during normal school hours require office dress unless there are exceptional circumstances determined by the School.
- For trips out of school hours, uniform may not be required but students will be directed by the school staff.
- In after-school clubs uniform is required, unless directed by the school staff.
The following items are prohibited and not allowed within school:
- Denim is not to be worn in any form of clothing
- Trainers, fabric walking boots, open-toed shoes, sandals and flip flops are not to be worn (trainers for appropriate PE lesson as the exception to this rule)
- Fleeces are outdoor wear and as such should not be worn inside the school buildings
- Hooded tops (hoodies) and baggy causal sweatshirts are not office dress and should not be worn on the way to school or at school. Jumpers that prevent wearing a tailored jacket are not permitted.
- Headphones, earpieces and earbuds should not be worn around school.
- Baseball caps or other headwear should not be worn around school.
- Tops with slogans or conspicuous logos are not permitted
- Tailored trousers must not be super skinny or skin tight fit
- Midriffs should not be exposed
- Bodycon dresses and skirts and not permitted
Students who do not meet the Office Dress requirements may be asked to go home to change and then return to school.
Persistent non-compliance will be subject to sanctions.