Curriculum and Subject information
. . . to provide a broad, well balanced and appropriate curriculum for pupils of all abilities and aptitudes
The curriculum is the formal means by which the school translates its aims and values into practice. It comprises all the planned activities and experiences which the school provides to help students to learn.
We believe that our curriculum provides a base that enables all boys in Year 7 through to Year 13 and girls in Year 12 and 13 to maximise their choices throughout the school and beyond.
The aims of our curriculum are to:
- provide a variety of activities which bring about effective learning, provide appropriate challenges for all students and lead to achievement for all students in order for them to reach their full potential;
- provide equal opportunities for all students regardless of gender, aptitude or cultural, ethnic or religious background;
- offer a broad and balanced entitlement to all students;
- prepare students for further study, the world of work and to become active citizens;
- develop positive personal and social values;
- provide continuity and progression from the point of transfer to the time of leaving school.