Recent Ofsted report
HOW GOOD THE SCHOOL IS
Northampton School for Boys is a very good school. The school is managed in a business-like and very effective manner. It has improved significantly since the last inspection. Very good teaching enables pupils to do very well. General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) results are very high, A level results are good. Relationships between pupils, their peers and their teachers are very good. Parental support for the school is excellent. The learning support centre provides pupils with special educational needs with very good support. The school provides good value for money.
WHAT THE SCHOOL DOES WELL
- Pupils achieve very well: results at GCSE are outstandingly good.
- Very good teaching enables pupils to learn and progress well.
- Pupils' behaviour and attitudes to learning are excellent and are strengths which contribute strongly to the ethos of the school.
- The Honours Programme meets the needs of gifted and talented pupils well. An extensive programme of extra-curricular activities, including additional support for pupils during lunchtime and after school, is strongly supported by staff.
- Strong, forward-looking leadership ensures that pupils' experience a very high quality education within a stimulating environment.